Friday, September 28, 2018

FA Portfolio: Cardboard Toilet, Story Panels Progress

 For my work this week, we had an objective to create something of different dimension from what we had shown previously. Since I had mostly been working in 2D, I decided to create a 3D sculpture. One of my friends had gotten a new door, and had the cardboard box leftover-I wanted to use this cardboard to create something. I decided that It would connect in some way to my current story within the watercolor story panels.


I chose one of the characters, which was not divulged yet in the panels I had shown, and I wanted to display him in this way to add slightly more dimension, physically in real space, as well as more conceptually. I drew the plan for another panel featuring this character in the story.


In this week's reading, the writer discusses viewing your work within a historical context. The speaker identifies three components to achieving this: the history of your own work, circumstances and events while the work was being made, and lastly, the history of the given artistic field. The second section focused on "frames and filters"; lenses that we view subjects from, derived from historical influence. I infer that analyzing or identifying these various filters is an important key to understanding the meaning behind a work.

This week, I am inspired by the playful and awkward illustrative work of Harry Mckenzie. In some of my work I am striving towards a similar tone, and I also would like to increase the use of text, and plan to employ it in the water color panels.



No comments:

Post a Comment